Day 7 - no running - well wait!

So it's been a week since my long run, and today I am finally feeling tangible results.
I actually feel less worse!
I did a lot of work this morning with the foam roller, listened to Killing Time and did some cardio (crouching punches) for about 20 minutes, then headed to Fleet Feet in Davis to get a band/bandage for my IT band.
It was SO worth the drive! On top of getting IT band recovery advice from the owner, he saw me run and assuaged any fears I had about being fitted incorrectly(I am definitely a neutral runner, NOT overspronating)
He also mentioned that my injury most likely had to do with simple mileage.
Prior to this year I have never run further than 3 miles, and in 2 weeks will be doing 26.2!
Then the Davis Heather showed me a jacket that made my eyes light up, a Mizuno running jacket that warms up when moisture hits the fabric. Incredible!
So I got great advice, got some clothes to daydream about and got something for my IT Band, a great day at the store. The Run To Feed The Hungry is next week, I am doing the 5k and helping pace the Mrs. - I hope it's all system go for the big one.



Comments

  1. like xjosex.... like swisley board jose...

    thestuff says whats up.. and now you run. Whats with this

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA - yeah man how you been?
    I run because - I <3 it - and yeah I am still nailed to the X ;)
    Where do you post nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS how the hell did you find this blog? So random!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was fiddling around at work and thought abotu area43...

    glad to see that you are still X'ed up. I run also. Usually 4-5 miles a day.

    Glad to see your doing well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts