Hope

Last night I did a one mile run for the first time since my disastrous grueling 23 mile run.
Amy and I did a quick 1 mile jaunt around the neighborhood and tested staying at her race pace for the 5k we are doing tomorrow, the Run To Feed The Hungry. I felt some discomfort, but nowhere near the excruciating pain I was in 11 days ago. This morning I got up early, went to the gym and before my usual swimming routine hopped on a treadmill and knocked out another mile there - again - not as bad. The band seems to be helping and while it's not 100% pain or ache free it's far less painful. Tomorrow will be the next test - if the pain stays even - I can hang. If it increases during 3 miles - well - I'm still going for it. The worst that can happen is I run in pain, and hey I've already done that before right?


There is hope!
Music related thoughts - I am loading up  my ipod with a ton of Amon Amarth, Path of Resistance, Sepultura and Bolt Thrower. Although I am anti-wearing ear buds while running. Some music played through the speaker of my iphone might give me a boost during that last mile or so. I'm giving it to myself as a reserve treat, much the same way that I reward myself with walk breaks or a particularly delicious or less disgusting GU. :)
Happy Thanksgiving day Eve folks.
I have a lot to be thankful for!

Comments

Popular Posts